Sunday, June 16, 2013

Technique Play - My Attempt at a Collage

Today was sad because my husband wasn't here for Father's Day. I made great use of my day, however, and played with some new stamp sets. I made three cards...woo hoo! This is card number one.

The other day I was watching a video on how to use several different types of stamps to make a collage. I loved how that card turned out and wanted to try it. This type of project is NOT something that comes easily to me.

Where I can typically make a card in 30 minutes or less this one took two hours. I know if I like it when it is finished but I can't visualize it in my mind ahead of time. I don't know if anyone out there has that issue but I would love to hear your stories.

Anyway...I did not like this card the whole time I was working on it. It was only pride that made me try and salvage what I was doing. In the end I ended up LOVING it!! It's probably one of my favorite cards I've done. I'm obviously going to have to practice this technique a lot more so I am not so afraid of it.

I finally got a set of Paper Smooches, Reflections stamp set. The leaves are from this set and I can tell already that it will be one of my favorites. 


Here is a close up of the flowers I used. I tried paper piecing, I tried hand made from circles and finally die cut and than stamped over the top of the pattern paper and I'm really pleased how it turned out. 


What is your favorite card technique right now?

Have a great day and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment