Friday, May 31, 2013

Thinking of You... and Stamp Kissing

When I saw the tie stamp in the Kelly Purkey Dude Stamp Set, included in the June Simon Says Stamp Kit, I new I wanted to play with it. I had a lot of fun doing a technique I had learned from Jennifer McGuire several months ago called stamp kissing.

I was like a kid in a candy store pulling out all of my texture background stamps and creating as many ties as I could think of. This card is perfect for the men in my life (husband, sons) who wear white shirts and ties almost every day.


There are to many stamps used here to list them all, but I did use the "For the Record"stamp set and coordinating dies for the sentiment and white heat embossed it. The paper is also from the stamp kit.

If you'd like to see Jennifer's Video that inspired this technique, you can check it out here. My variation is a little different, as I inked up the tie stamp in a light ink shade and than inked up the large textured stamp in a dark ink getting a two toned look. SO FUN!!!


Here are some close ups of the different ties.







Happy Stamping!!







No comments:

Post a Comment