Thursday, June 20, 2013

Play Time with All Things Nauticool...

I have three cards for you today. I woke up this morning to a dreary cloudy northwest day. While those days get fewer come late June, early July, they still come and the only way to combat the darkness is with some paper crafting sunshine! What better way than with nautical stamps. This is the new Wicked Nauticool Stamp set from Paper Smooches and I've been dying to play with it. I got so carried away I just kept making cards.


I had fun trying to keep certain elements or themes running through each card while trying to give them a different style. I used white wood grain cardstock, Navy, Red, Kraft and White color scheme, as well as accent stars, and faux white stitching. 


For the first card, I knew I wanted to try and create a ship's portal. I used Lawn Fawn's circle die stackables to get the red frame and metal brads really gave it the look I was going for. 


I love using the white wood grain look for a more realistic "ship" feel. 




I added a subtle tone on tone to the red circle for added interest and of course I HAD to use Glossy Accents to give the sails some dimension. I also did a scalloped edge on the wood grain card stock to give an ocean feel. 


This third card was an after thought and I kind of love it. I love the little bird perched next to the life preserver as if it is ready to throw it out and help. 


Hope you get inspired to try some nautical themed cards for yourself. 

Happy Stamping!



2 comments:

  1. Love this!! What a great set of cards - love the color combo, and all that white "stitching"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous set of cards!!
    Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete