Friday, July 19, 2013

Bold Bright Butterfly

I am finally back. This week has been a busy one with lots of family. My son is off to Japan for a couple of years so our house was full with well wishers. 

I chose to pattern this card after the third of three card sketches we had to choose from this week. I took my lead from Julie Ebersol and flipped the sketch around. The color scheme was a couple of different shades of green, a turquoise color, cream and brown. I chose to leave out the cream color and use white for the card base instead. I did cheat somewhat and added a touch of yellow to the butterfly. 

I had SO MUCH fun coloring this butterfly. I colored him while my family watched a movie and it took the whole time. I tried the technique of flicking two different copic markers from opposite ends to come up with a third color in the center. It was a lot of fun. 

I also did the paint splatters using the tips out of couple of Dylusion spray bottles and flicking it over the card base. I love the bright color. Color makes me happy. Have I said that before? I do have one very stained finger so I'll have improve on my method a little. 



In this close up of the butterfly my obsession with the white gel pen surfaces again. Of course I also used some liquid pearls and white enamel accents on the tips as well as Stardust Stickles for some glamour. 


Happy Stamping!




28 comments:

  1. OMG! I love it! Its stunning! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantabulous! i have that butterfly stamp too , and I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful and congrats on the spotlight in class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! A REAL WINNER!!!!!!!!:) CONGRATS ON BEING FEATURED THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!:) SUPER JOB!!!!!!:) FROM A FELLOW CAMPER!!!!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that butterfly is awesome! Can't believe you did that during a movie! Congrats on being spotlighted today -- way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning! Congratulations on having your card chosen to feature this week. It's beautiful and it sounds like you had a wonderful time creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! SO incredibly GORGEOUS!!! That butterfly...STUNNING! Congrats on the hugely deserved feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Love your background, as well as that fabulous butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Terri. This is the most beautiful butterfly I have ever seen. And then you added it to the striking background. It couldn't get any better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous in every way!! So happy that your card was a featured in the Summer Camp! It's perfect and so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, oh MY, this is beautiful!! Love your beautiful butterfly and the colors you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!! This is So BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the FUN Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and CONGRATS on being featured!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
    ps thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!! it means a lot!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous! Love the entire color scheme and how you decorated the butterfly and background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Terri - I love everything about it! I especially like your attention to detail. Congrats on being featured.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! The butterfly just pops off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really great use of the colors. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very detailed and lovely card! I love all the layers of color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card. All the elements pull together and work so well with each other. Well designed

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your colouring is spectacular! What a beautiful card - the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is my favorite card yet! Absolutely beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Love all the details of the butterfly! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love your card. That butterfly is just gorgeous, and looks like dimensional layers. Your colors so vibrant,exciting, and just full out fabulous. Well done, and stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! The butterfly is just beautiful--wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your card. Butterflies are great subjects for all kinds of cards. I love the artistic touches. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely love your card!! You definitely have great creative talent!! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The colouring of the butterfly is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cards are great! I love especially the flowers and butterflies cards because these are my favourite subjects. I'll follow your blog! I'd like you to visit my blog, too: lovecraftingpaper.blogspot.com.
    Congratulations!

    Mariangela

    ReplyDelete