Saturday, May 10, 2014

Technique Play - Watercolor for Card Makers Part 2

Hello to everyone!! Two days in a row…hang on to your seat belts! I'm having so much fun watercoloring this week. In some ways this class is going by to fast and in other ways not fast enough for the rate I want to devour all of these new techniques. 

This card was so fun and easy to make. I just heat embossed this beautiful poppy stamp from Penny Black and then colored it in with my favorite watercolors from Winsor and Newton. I'm seriously addicted to how vibrant and beautiful these colors are. 


I'm learning the importance of using good watercolor paper. It really makes a huge difference.

The shading on the flowers is so easy to do. The more water, the lighter the color and the less water the deeper the color. Just like coloring with markers or colored pencils, I start light and than add in darker color as I go. Embossing the image helps the color to stay in the lines. 


I distressed the edges with a favorite little Tim Holtz gadget (linked below) and mounted the panel onto some Bazzil Candy Hearts Card Stock. I stamped the base with two colors of ink off set from each other using one of my favorite Impression Obsession background stamps (also linked below).

Here is a close up. Anyone want to go shopping for some flowers? I do. 


If you missed the previous post on other watercolor projects I've been working on from onlinecardclasses.com you can click here



Hope you are all having a wonderful and sunny spring. Happy Stamping!!



No comments:

Post a Comment