Monday, July 1, 2013

Portable Paper Crafting...A Colorful Tip

Happy Monday everyone!

I've got a great tip to share.

I have a group of friends that get together every Wednesday to sew. They have made the most beautiful quilts. While I am friends with all three, I don't really enjoy sewing. One thing that I love about card making is that I can start and finish a project very quickly. Well, they invited me to join them for their Wednesday play dates and just bring my paper crafting projects. In theory that sounds like a blast. In reality the thought of packing up my craft room, or trying to guess what tools I will want seemed really challenging. 

I hit upon my solution when I watched a video from the Kick Start Online Card Class. I LOVED the solution of just taking stamps to color. Once the idea took hold it kept growing into such an easy and fun transportable idea. 

I started what I call my "coloring basket". I stamp several images ahead of time and have my markers and scissors handy. It gives me plenty to do without needing to really think about it. This makes it easy to sit on the couch at night with my husband while he's watching television, or put it in a travel bag and head over to laugh and visit with my friends. I love the concept of having a bunch of colored images all ready to go on a card.

Here is one of my first cards using a colored image from my stamp stash. I love this Stitched Flowers and Stitched Sentiments stamp sets from the Craft's Meow. Who doesn't love to color flowers?



Because I wasn't stressed or hurried in my coloring, I could color just to color. It is so relaxing and fun to just play. Also, details like a white gel pen, glossy accents and stickles are easy to add at night before bed. 



Try making your own coloring basket and share what works for you. Also, I would love to hear what other ideas you have to "travel" with your paper crafting hobbies. Especially with summer vacations

In case you are interested, here is a picture of my coloring basket.



Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment