Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Technique Play - Distress Paint Resist

Hello friends. Today I'm sharing a card once again using the Distress Paint resist technique that I love SO MUCH! I love, love, love how it resists in a matte finish and dries flat like printed paper instead of raised like ink. You honestly can't tell it's been stamped. I think it is a beautiful technique.

The star bursts in the background are stamped in Antique Linen Distress Paint. Even though I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment over the top the star bursts still shine through the ink. Isn't that a cool trick? This collage is really an eclectic mix of just about all of my favorite stamp companies. There is some Jim Holtz, Penny Black, Hero Arts, Impression Obsession, Simon Says Stamp and of course the beautiful sunflowers from Lawn Fawn. 


The flowers were colored with copic markers and the background is done in a combination of Walnut Stain, Victorian Velvet, and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I finished it off with some pearls, white gel pen and ribbon painted with Seedless Preserves and Walnut Stain Distress Paints.


Here is a close up of the star bursts through the ink.


Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment