Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Technique Play - Creative Chemistry Floral Arrangement

I have been so inspired by the online card classes this month. You can check them out here. I haven't posted much because I've been working on an art journal for my daughter. It's my first time to branch out and do something besides card making and I'm finding it to be more fun than I thought. 

Today I am posting a birthday card that uses a lot of techniques I have learned from Creative Chemistry 102. One the striped background you can see the silhouette of the dot stencil pattern with a combination of distress inks overlaid on the top. The random lines are stamped in Peeled Paint. The shadow effect is really cool.


The numbered background behind the flowers is a Hero Arts stamp that is inked in Picket Fence Distress Paint. I LOVE this resist technique. It's beautiful for one, but I love that it is smooth when it is finished rather than the raised effect of embossing powder. It makes it look more like a printed paper. I also love the option of not dragging out the powders and my heat tool. 


Above is the same distress paint resist technique on a tag, and below is a better shot of the same technique as a backdrop for the flowers. 


The vase for the flowers is manilla card stock covered in Broken China Distress Paint. When it was dry I applied some Metallic Bronze Distress Paint and spayed it with water. I rubbed it off when it was only semi dry creating a really cool aged effect. I die cut the vase from a Memory Box die that you can find linked in the supply list below.




The flowers are Avery Elle Petals and Stems with matching dies. Add a gold heat embossed sentiment, some gold sparkle twine and some liquid pearls for accents and wa la...done. Who knew chemistry could be so much fun?!


Happy Stamping!



No comments:

Post a Comment