Saturday, February 22, 2014

Embossing with Pigment Inks

The name of my blog is Paper Crafting Sunshine. I live in the northwest where it the winter's can be long and the sunshine sparce. This winter especially has had a lot of rain and snow not to mention ice. Today I was in the mood for some sunshine so what better way then a bright cheery card?

I love pigment inks and find myself turning to them more and more often. One of the benefits of pigment ink is that it stays wet long enough to add embossing powder. For the background on this card I clear heat embossed over the top of these triangle banners. I love how it adds such a shiny, raised finish to any project.

These critters from Hero Arts are so fun to color and if you keep a stash of finished little guys then your card will come together fairly quickly. I used some dimensional adhesive to pop up the owls and also the sentiment frame behind them. I added some Glossy Accents to the eyes...and wah lah...done!


Here is a look at the finished card. Are you finding yourself pulling out spring colors in your crafting?


Happy Stamping!!


No comments:

Post a Comment