Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Easy Background Floral Stamping

I am absolutely in love with the new Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad called Fresh Cut in Simon Says Stamp's February Card Kit.  Maybe I am done with the cold weather and just ready for spring or maybe these papers are just beautiful…or maybe…both.  I loved this floral print so much I felt it deserved to be framed, so I did just that. 


I also love the coordinating flower stamps that came in the card kit and decided to stamp a tone on tone background in Hero Arts Soft Pool Shadow Ink. Below are a couple of pictures of the process. It's so easy to do with results that make me happy.



Once the background stamping was complete I die cut two of the Fresh Cut papers, one for the centerpiece and one for the frame. I am loving the detail on the die cuts that I am getting with the Vagabond. The metal shim from My Favorite Things makes ALL the difference. 


I added some stitching lines around the edges with a white gel pen (above) and then went to work on the inside of the card and the envelope (below).


What card would be complete without a few scattered enamel dots? 


Stay warm wherever you are. Happy Stamping!!





1 comment: