Saturday, December 28, 2013

Winter Birthday Card

Hi card crafting bloggers. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! 

While I haven't done much blogging the past couple of months, it doesn't follow that I haven't kept up on the trends. I've been fascinated with the embossing paste mania and couldn't wait to try it out for myself. Oh my STARS, this stuff is SO FUN to play with. 


I started this card with a simple light blue cardstock and used my favorite background stamp from Impression Obsession called "splatter" I used Hero Arts Tide Pool Ink and Soft Granite Shadow Ink to create a starry night backdrop. I love the three dimensional effect it gives. After using the embossing paste with a star stencil, I used Silver Wink of Stella Glitter Pen to make them really shine. 


The heart is die cut and covered in glossy accents. The little critter is from Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods stamp set...my all time favorite stamp set ever. I colored him with Copics and covered him in Star Dust Stickles. Putting him in a party hat transforms this into a birthday card. 


Happy stamping!





No comments:

Post a Comment