Friday, January 31, 2014

Hello Houndstooth

Hello. (No pun intended) I wanted to share a quick card I made a few days ago. This is a card I made for a friends birthday. I actually made an entire set because it was so easy to put together. I find that winter birthdays are plentiful and simple card sets like this one are quick to put together and yet appreciated by everyone. 


The card front is Neenah Desert Storm. I started with Impression Obsession "Houndstooth" background stamp on top using Hero Arts Wet Cement ink for a tone on tone look. I then stamped over the top of that with I.O. "Spatter" in Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment Ink. Yep, it's still a favorite one. :)


I am in love with the big HELLO stamp from Simon Says Stamp, as are so many of you. You could, however, switch out the scripty saying for a printed one and adapt a more masculine feel. I kept it simple so the background could really take the focus. To finish up I added white dash lines around the edge and mounted the front to Papertrey Ink Simply Chartruse cardstock. 

What are you working on? 

Happy Stamping!!





No comments:

Post a Comment