Sunday, January 19, 2014

Love...and It's Your Birthday!

Sometimes I just can't think of anything clever to title a post. :)

Today I got a chance to play with some new stamps and dies that arrived in the mail. The first is a birthday card. I don't know about you, but I seem to know a lot of people with winter birthdays. 


To make this card, I white heat embossed the word "birthday" and then stamped the flowers over the top. Antique Linen Distress Ink helped the embossing to stand out.


The second card is a Valentine card. 

I fell in love with this Papertrey Ink "Love" die the first time I saw it and had to have it. I love the beautiful window effect. 

I die cut it from the center of the card, glued it to some pattern paper and then adhered that to the back of the card face. To get it centered right, I temporarily attached the patterned paper with some post-it tape, applied glue to the Love die and then pressed it into the center frame. I then removed the post-it tape and glued the entire panel in place.

The border around the frame is stamped once again using my all time favorite background stamp, "Splatter" from Impression Obsession. I use this stamp all the time. I used Charcoal Grey Shadow Ink and Unicorn White Ink both from Hero Arts. 


Happy Stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment