Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Technique Play - Collage Card #2

I love the look of collage cards, especially one layer ones. It fascinates me to see how much depth can be created on a single layer card with just stamps, ink, and a creative mind. Execution is always a little elusive for me, however. 

I tend to gravitate towards clean and simple because it's easier to picture ahead of time. To many steps and I'm lost. I think it's age. At least that's what I tell myself. I'm always been one to lose my car keys so maybe it's not true. Shhhh....

Anyway, I've decided to practice and post my attempts here on my blog. I though it would be fun to compare over time and see if it gets easier. You can find my first attempt at a collage here.

This is my second official attempt. There are elements that I love and things I wish I could change. I used water colors to stencil the dot pattern in the background. My daughter asked me what I spilled on my card so maybe it doesn't work...what do you think?


I did the leaves with three colors of Distress Paint: Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, and Wild Honey. I like the overall effect but I'd probably try softer colors next time. I do like the wheat field at the bottom. I stamped the background in Hero Arts Soft Sand and the front with Wild Honey Distress Ink. Doing it in two different colors gave it a really nice dimensional effect. 


I'd love to hear from you and links to your collage cards. What tricks do you have to pull together different elements into one cohesive look? Do you have a favorite system or just go with the flow?

Happy Stamping!




No comments:

Post a Comment