Thursday, August 29, 2013

Three Cards, One Technique

A while back, in one of the first online card classes I had taken, I learned a really awesome technique from Jennifer McGuire. I love not only the effect but that it is a super easy way to get multiple cards from one technique. 

I love the colors of the patterned paper from the Simon Says Stamp  August 2013 Card Kit so I set to work cutting small strips of several of the papers and gluing them onto another piece of card stock. By doing this you create your own original "patterned paper".  You can then use it to create several cards that are wonderful by themselves or great in a gift set.



For this first card, I die cut a heart from My Favorite Things Hearts Dies. The texture of this heart is showcased against the black. The hearts on all of the cards are just die cut from white card stock, colored with a Copic marker and given some added texture with Various Ink and a cloth. All of the greetings are heat embossed with white embossing powder. Of course, I had to add stitching with my favorite white gel pen and glitter with a Wink of Stella clear pen. 


The second card uses the negative space from the heart on the first card. I love the quilted look of the pattern pieces. Another embossed greeting and some more pink hearts an wah lah...done!


This last card shows how using left over strips can still be fun and give you a great look. With the black background a little color can go a long way. I may have to do this again tomorrow. 


Have a great week. Happy Stamping!





No comments:

Post a Comment